When the sporting quality and the attention for the competition are declining, one way to reinvigorate the competition is to change its format. Hypercube is renowned for its capability to help you with this reform, however modest or radical.
We help you think up innovative formats. Are there too many matches in the final rounds where there’s nothing at stake? Introduce play-offs for a European ticket. Are the top clubs faced with too many matches and too little opposition? You could have fewer clubs in the regular competition, and have it followed by additional rounds to fight for the championship. Those are just a few suggestions.
We help you model the impact of the alternative formats on both sporting dimensions, calendar utilization, attendance, TV audience, and finances. How can your competition become as attractive as possible? What is the relationship between the expected sportive strength of a competition and the expected number of spectators or tv-watchers? What is the best competition format in order to optimize the generated media income? Our models will tell you.
We help you design the process such that all stakeholders will be involved and have their say, which will help to gain support. Moreover, it will give you useful suggestions about the conditions that a good competiton format should meet. A robust process is indispensable for a succesfull transition.
Hypercube has a comprehensive track record:
- UEFA Champions League and Europa League (2006/07)
- UEFA Euro Nations Cup with 24 teams (2007/08)
- Dutch Eredivisie play-offs (2004, 2008)
- Dutch second tier Jupiler League (2013)
- Belgian Jupiler Pro League (2008)
- Portuguese leagues (2013)
- Dutch top hockey (2013/14)
- Dutch top volleybal (2010/11)
- Norwegian Tippeligaen and Adeccoligaen (2014)
- Danish Superligaen and 1. Division (2014/2015)